Next: Typical Use
The parameters which control the model search process are in
the SmartROI params dialog box.
- The init facility will reset the variables which define
the offest from the mean model to zero. (ie: setting the model a
specification back to the mean).
- The total number of mark-up points defining the current model
is specified by No.Points parameter. The model supports inner
profile points as those points not included in the outer boundary
No.Points - No.Outside.
- The Profile parameter specifies the length of the grey-level
profile used for modelling.
- Location of the model (mid-point of the main axis)
is specified by the tx and ty
parameters. The search step used during initial localisation in the
Simplex algorithm are specified by the dtx and dty parameters.
- The scale and theta parameters specify linear axis size
and orientation of the current boundary profile.
The search step used during initial localisation in the
Simplex algorithm are specified by the dscale and dtheta
parameters. Localisation is also restricted to lie withing the specified
s min, s max, th max scale and orientation ranges.
If the initial scale estimate is outside this range then the
routine will not optimise and the location will be returned unmodified.
This can often be a source of problem when using the software for
the first time and should be watched out for.
- The offest shape eigen values are specified by the enumerated variables
together with their search step parameters dw. The effect of changing
a parameter can be directly visualised by redrawing the
- The initialiseation of the Simplex algorithm is determined
by the Initial Search parameters. Large values will result in quicker but
less precise localisation.
- The specified model will have mdl modes shape eigen vectors
and prf modes grey level eigen vectors. A value of zero corresponds
to mean value only.
- The maximum variation of the model away from the mean
model is limited by the Search Limits.
Next: Typical Use